Increasing Your Home Appeal
(Quick Check List)
Fully preparing your home for sale can make a considerable difference in the time it takes to sell it. You can help eliminate buyer objections before they arise by making necessary repairs and improvements, some of which are suggested below:
- Keep the grass cut and remove all yard clutter.
- Weed and apply fresh mulch to flower beds.
- Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Power wash home’s exterior.
- Ensure all gutters and downspouts are firmly attached and functioning.
- Paint the front door.
- Buy a new welcome mat.
- Place potted flowers near the front door.
- Remove clutter- anything that interrupts “the flow” and makes the room appear smaller.
- Consider renting a storage unit to move items off-site.
- Clean and organize cabinets, closets and bookshelves.
- Clean all mirrors, light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Remove excessive wall hangings and knickknacks.
- Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
- Make minor repairs (torn screens, sticking doors, etc.
- Clean your furnace.
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
- Replace worn cabinet and door knobs.
- Fix or replace discolored grout.
- Replace broken tiles.
- Consider replacing worn countertops.
- Turn on all the lights.
- Open all drapes and shutters in the daytime.
- Keep pets secured outdoors.
- Buy new towels for bathrooms.
- Make sure all beds are made.
- Replace old lamps or lampshades.
- Play quiet background music.
- Infuse home with a comforting scent.
- Set the dining room table for a fancy dinner party.
- Vacate the property while it is being shown.
Click Here to Download: Increasing-Your-Home-Appeal.pdf